

Good Morning All,
Last night Keith and I went to Jupiter Medical Center (where we are birthing) for our newborn class. We knew what we would be like, but the poor instructor had no clue, hahaha....
We were one of the first couples in the room. The instructor asked us boy or girl and then gave us the "appropriate" baby. We sat there looking at the baby and the looking at each other in complete disbelief!! They really are letting us go home with a baby, oy vey!!
We then began taking pictures of us with the baby (those are the pictures you see above.) Yes, Keith is trying to eat the baby, hahaha.
The class was very informative!! We practiced diapering the baby and ensuring the diaper was under the umbilical cord. Keith was very good at the diapering, I was very proud of him. I may cut off the circulation to our baby's legs, but in time I am sure I will get better at it, haha... Keith agreed to more than 1 diaper for every 9 of mine!! :-) :-) :-)
We both learned alot about me during this class. I learned I am terrified of the umbilical cord AND the circumcision scabs. Keith learned he will be helping ALOT during those times.
We learned the art of swaddling. That's when you wrap the baby up like a burrito. We were both very good at that! Maybe its our love of burritos. Who knows :-) .
We learned how to hold the baby. I am not very good at the one arm hold. I much prefer to cuddle my child. Keith was VERY good at the football hold, although I am not very happy with it.
We were reassured that Diva should just want to lick the baby. The question is: how much licking is ok?? Only time will tell we guess.
We were told wake the baby if he is sleeping for more than 4 hours so that we can feed him. Breastfed babies need more food. And all babies can dehydrate if not properly fed.
Babies must sleep on their backs at all times (yes we survived on our stomachs, but the rules have changed!!!!)
All in all we learned a great deal!!! It was a very informative class and it will certainly help us out!!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.