
Well let me tell you... as with everything in our lives, this too was a project and a half! It's all good though. We were in good spirits the entire time! This weekend we went back into the nursery and finished touching up the painted stripes. We cleaned up the edges and picked up the plastic from the floor. It was so nice to know the hard part was done and all that was left was the vacuuming. Or so we thought!
So we began to vacuum the nursery and then realized the vacuum stopped working almost immediately. Apparently, since the carpet is new, the carpet produced a plethora of fuzz to be sucked into the vacuum. AND if you don't empty the vacuum before it gets too full, the fuzz compacts itself inside the hose and inside the inner tubing's of the apparatus itself. (Ok, we should probably empty it more often, now we know!)
So, we figured out the only way to clear the fuzz, which was more like pillow stuffing by now, was to take the hose off of the vacuum and push the fuzz through. Easier said than done!First we detached the hose from the vacuum completely. We attempted to use a thin dryer lint cleaner. After an hour of us stretching the hosing to hopefully stretch out the fuzz thus making it easier to push the fuzz through we realized this was not going to work. So, we split the tasks up.
I was going to be in charge of the hose end and Keith was in charge of clearing the fuzz from the maze of an apparatus. I went out back and used the handle of a broom, only after running water through it didn't work. Keith was upstairs struggling since he didn't have the right type of screwdriver head to get the back of the vacuum off. We not only needed the back off to clear the apparatus, we needed it off so that we could get the hose attached again!
We decided to give it a rest and we would find a vacuum repair shop. So first thing Sunday I took the vacuum to the Sears repair shop 20 mins away only to find out they were closed on Sundays. UGH!!!! I called Keith and told him i was not driving back down here we were getting a new vacuum. When I arrived home he said we would go to Wal-Mart and buy a new vacuum and buy the right screwdriver head in case he could fix the other one. I agreed.
So tonite, after dinner we went to the store, bought our new Dirt Devil and the right screwdriver head and were on our merry way. We arrived home Keith went to the garage to begin his project and I stayed in the living room and began to take the new vacuum out of the box so I could put it together. I didn't even get all of the pieces out of the box before he yelled for me to stop, he had fixed it. I was kind of upset that i wouldn't have the chance to build, but was excited that his project was a success!!
So, we went upstairs and put our project to work, I vacuumed!!! That's when we put the rocking chair in the room and looked into it with a look of awe.. our son's room was coming together, and we had done it all!! We didn't hire anybody to paint, there were no decorators used, this was all us! Just another step in the journey of life that we accomplished together as a team, and what a great team we are!!
We hope you enjoy the picture of the nursery. The furniture will be delivered Tuesday. Have a great night all, we sure will!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.