So we started the nursery about 4 weeks ago. It's a good thing too because we then ran into color problems we definitely didn't count on. And then for a couple of weekends Keith got a little side tracked with other household projects, haha.. that's my husband. Never sitting still. Don't forget Superbowl Weekend was last weekend too, so you know no work was done then either. But that's ok, we weren't concerned. We finally found the right color and just had to paint it on. The stripes on the wall weren't of concern since we were hiring someone to do that anyway, right?
WRONG!!!! Keith just decided it wouldn't be all that hard and we could do it ourselves. So, I came up with the brilliant idea of buying a laser level to ensure we do our very best!! So, that will be the main objective for the next 2 weekends.... finish painting the nursery, lol... this could come with some very interesting blogs. :-) But seriously, I am VERY excited about trying the stripes ourselves!!!
I mean, you all don't live with us. We are talking about a man who somehow turned into a Smurf after just painting 5 strokes onto a section of the wall to see if it was the right color blue, lol... And he shares those genes with Diva who somehow ALWAYS gets paint on her body, ear AND snout!! I can't lie, I'm the neurotic one who laughs really hard at their craziness and worries about the carpet the entire time. I am on "paint on the foot" patrol, hahaha...
But in all seriousness, we often amaze ourselves at our own handywork!! And Keith, really is good at all these projects!!! You guys have to see him... he comes home, eats and begins to work... it brings him so much joy, and really puts a smile on my face! Diva doesn't like it much though... she would rather he play with her... o well, lol.
There is never a dull moment in the Gershman household, but there is ALWAYS a ridiculous amount of laughing occurring... We live in a loonie bin!! Well, that will be all for this blog.
I will update more once we have made some more progress. HA!
Friday, February 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.