Baby Gershman is soon to arrive!!

new baby

Professional Pregnancy Pictures

Professional Pregnancy Pictures

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pregnancy weight

I was doing so well for so long!! The doctor told me to stop ALL of my exercising and only walk or do REALLY REALLY low impact stuff. Most doctor's wont tell their patients to stop working out, but most patients aren't doing boot camp 5 times a week or Stand up paddle boarding 3 times a week either. So, i was down to walking. Even tennis was booted. Apparently bouncing back and forth and having little fats balls flying at my body was not my doctor's ideal situation for a pregnant patient.

SO, for the first 4 months i gained 1 pound a week, totally normal!!!! Then came the time from the fourth month to the fifth month, 8 lbs, oops. My friend Jenn said she gained 7 too. Her doctor said between those months most women see a significant jump in weight. I felt relieved! month 5 rolled around, yikes 9 lbs, oops.... that's not good!!! the 6th month rolled around and i hit 7 lbs, ok.. i was moving in the right direction, but i still had my work cut out for me!! By the time i was in the 7th month i had stabilized and was gaining 1 lb a week, PHEW!!!!

Yes, my weight is on the "higher" end, but the doctor's are not worried one bit! I do not have gestational diabetes and I am very healthy as is the baby!!!

I have since switched doctor's from the one telling me not to exercise. Keith and I found a very popular doctor that is more than happy to work with us in our birthing method. I will get to that in another post. This doctor is letting me workout, so I am still walking 3-4 times and have now started yoga, light weight lifting and a ballerina barre class. HAHAHA... yes i did say a ballerina barre class as in get your leg up and plie too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.